Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Heroes 6- Kevin Shields


I'm ending my Heroes series with a two-color print of the mastermind of one of my absolute favorite bands- My Bloody Valentine. I'm happy with the way this one turned out, but honestly, I am glad to be completing this series; the "hero worship" was starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Speaking of, I've relegated my plate-and-sandwich symbol to the bottom right corner in an acknowledgment of the increasingly peripheral role it has been taking in the progressing images. In the second image you can see the terrible secret that I've digitally rectified above- yes, with my sixth and final image I have finally gotten the lettering backwards! Oh well, I guess it had to happen eventually. I've enjoyed the experience of printing in color, so you can expect things to brighten up around here at least a little bit in the near future. Watch this space!

No comments: