Thursday, July 15, 2010

Falls

Falls
Mixed Media. 2010.

Another new painting, this one was actually begun over two months ago as an experiment. Over a "pale olive" acrylic base, I silkscreened a rainbow gradiant of oil paint, which gave a nice effect but honestly was such a pain to clean that I'm not sure it would be worth it to try again. After giving that layer a few days to get a tacky conistancy, I used a small brush to dab over it in white, giving the misty atmospheric effect you see now. All in all succesful, I'd say, but unnecesarilly time-consuming for sure, and working with a smaller studio space is leading me to work with less toxic materials than I was at school. Getting constant migraines from solvent fumes is not condusive to a healthy work ethic, let alone a healthy artist.



No comments: